Voltage settings for Memory/AGP Too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etherga

So i was looking around in my monitoring software and it said that there's a possibility my AGP and Mem are overstressed. The current voltages are::
CPU: 1.5V
Mem: 2.6V
AGP: 1.5V

I havent ever made changes to the voltages because frankly i dont know enough to feel safe screwing with it. Is this something thats best left alone? or should i dig deeper and perhaps try tinkering with the voltage settings

If you dont know what you are doing then I would suggest you dont play around with your mobo settings. We could do with a little more info on your system, like mobo, processor, o/s, and any overclocked settings.

Rik.

1.5V for the AGP (AGP8X) & 2.6V for the memory (DDR-I) is perfectly normal.

Thanks for the info. This is just an area i'm not too familiar with and I thought i'd ask since its pretty much greek to me.

Rik: my mobo/cpu etc are listed in my member profile. i was gonna get around to putting them in my signature but i havent as of yet

yes your settings are where they should be at and i agree if you dont know where they should be you probably shouldnt be messing around with them if you dont want to buy a new computer. your motherboard driver cd should have come with a program that can tell you overclocking stability and features on you monitor hardware. you may want to install something like that

etherga said:
Rik: my mobo/cpu etc are listed in my member profile. i was gonna get around to putting them in my signature but i havent as of yet
Keep them in the user-profile & out of the signature. It keeps tge forums clutter free & we won't have to edit your signature. :p

didou: okay :D

I've never fooled with voltages and overclocking the cpu thus far. Frankly i wouldnt until i get upgraded ram speed. I have a stick of pc 2100 and its slowing down my 3200 so until i upgrade that I doubt the ram could even work with an OC job. Oh yea, and i'd have to get some better cooling :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back