TechSpot

Voltage settings for Memory/AGP Too high?

By etherga
May 31, 2005
  1. So i was looking around in my monitoring software and it said that there's a possibility my AGP and Mem are overstressed. The current voltages are::
    CPU: 1.5V
    Mem: 2.6V
    AGP: 1.5V

I havent ever made changes to the voltages because frankly i dont know enough to feel safe screwing with it. Is this something thats best left alone? or should i dig deeper and perhaps try tinkering with the voltage settings

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

If you dont know what you are doing then I would suggest you dont play around with your mobo settings. We could do with a little more info on your system, like mobo, processor, o/s, and any overclocked settings.

Rik.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

1.5V for the AGP (AGP8X) & 2.6V for the memory (DDR-I) is perfectly normal.

4. etherga

etherga TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 69

Thanks for the info. This is just an area i'm not too familiar with and I thought i'd ask since its pretty much greek to me.

Rik: my mobo/cpu etc are listed in my member profile. i was gonna get around to putting them in my signature but i havent as of yet

5. Bobcat1132

Bobcat1132 TS Rookie Posts: 94

yes your settings are where they should be at and i agree if you dont know where they should be you probably shouldnt be messing around with them if you dont want to buy a new computer. your motherboard driver cd should have come with a program that can tell you overclocking stability and features on you monitor hardware. you may want to install something like that

6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Keep them in the user-profile & out of the signature. It keeps tge forums clutter free & we won't have to edit your signature. :p

7. etherga

etherga TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 69

didou: okay :D

I've never fooled with voltages and overclocking the cpu thus far. Frankly i wouldnt until i get upgraded ram speed. I have a stick of pc 2100 and its slowing down my 3200 so until i upgrade that I doubt the ram could even work with an OC job. Oh yea, and i'd have to get some better cooling :p

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.