TechSpot

Volvo reaffirms plans to conduct public test of self-driving cars in 2017

By Shawn Knight
Feb 23, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Volvo has reaffirmed plans to conduct a public test of its autonomous driving system in 2017. Unlike some other auto makers that have demonstrated controlled (albeit, still impressive) tests with self-driving cars, Volvo's Drive Me program will take place on...

Read more

2. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 469   +97

I'm looking forward to the day when the 6 hour drive home to my dear sweet mom is a 5 hour autonomous drive where I play video games on my VR headset.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,155   +1,431

Volvo people must be $hitting themselves. The new XC90 set a new record for overselling several months before the serial production started. And I mean ever!

This is why you see them over-advertise like crazy, everywhere. Last but not least push by Volvo. The new XC90 so far has been a hot cake in car rumour-mill and pre-reviews.

4. Acespaces

Acespaces TS Member Posts: 85   +12

Have you seen the campaign for getting a car overseas and free trip for you and your spouse from Volvo. Win win for both parties and Volvo gets to dodge import taxes on their vehicles. I totally think Volvo is doing a good job and this only supports intuitive thinking on their part.