TechSpot

Voodoo 5 problem in MSI motherboard with Athlon XP

By jimton
Jun 19, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. help with video problem

Hi. hope someone can help me. I just replaced my mother board I was running a 1.3 amd tbird with a msi board and a vodoo 5 card and everything worked great . I upgraded to 1800xp amd msi and ddr mem with the same card . I've tried different 3dfx drivers for the card updates for the board and looked for any updates for the cpu I like the 3dfx card and hate to part with it
    the problem i'm having is some of my games won't even load like serios sam 2 ,hitman, serious sam 1 runs and looks good but kicks me out. my racing games look and work great. If I have to buy a new card what would be the best for this system .
    thanks
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,306   +265

Check for a bios update if you're using the same MSI board - but a bit more info might help. Can we get a few specs (model numbers, etc.) on your machine? What kind of mobo?

LNCPapa
  3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

...and be more specific in your subject line. i.e. -> " help with new system board & voodoo5 "
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.