VPN Incoming Connection gets deleted on server 2003 reboot!

By TheWatching
Jul 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a most annoying problem I am having. I have finally found myself on the cutting edge or maybe the stupid edge...I can not find an answer for this problem.

I have set up a Microsoft VPN connection under Network Connections. Everything works fine as I want it too.

The Problem...when the people at the remote office restart the server for whatever reason, the Incoming Connection in Network Connections gets deleted or removed.

I thought that RRAS services being enabled and configured from previous admin might be the cause...but I unconfigured RRAS and set the process to Manual. Still have the problem.

I am not using the RRAS services...I don't want to...unless I absolutely need to.

ALso I have my own server 2003 which I have tested this on. And RRAS services on or off does not affect my Incoming Connection.

I am wondering if there is some kind of script that runs on boot...and how and where to look for that. I can not reboot at will...this is an active server and I took it over from 4 previous admins. I need to duplicate the problem on my own server so I can apply the fix to the real server.

Thanks for help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.