VPU Recovery(Battlefield 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed battlefield 2 and want to play. I plays the intro just fine. It then goes to the account management, with the default player and all. Then it freezes going back to the desktop saying vpu recovery all that crap. How do u access the Catalyst Control Center or how to fix this problem with simple directions.

Do you have a red ATI icon down in your taskbar? If you do right click and click on catalyst control center. If not go to the ati website, www.ati.com and find the download for your card.

I did that and i also updated windows like it suggested. It still has problems with the game. Also i forgot to mention that when it freezes, it flashes then the top quarter turns pink in pixels. After that it goes to the error(send-don't send)

At least part of your problem could be your card is to low for BF2. It isn't among the supported cards.

Quick end to this thread. Which video cards are compatible because i am going to staples soon for school supplies. Anything that is compatible and roughly the same size and price.

- Video Cards
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

Note: This list is becoming outdated since it doesn't include the newest cards. However, when shopping for a new card I recommend NOT selecting from the low end of the recommended cards. Go as high as you can reasonably afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back