Vsync on or off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats with all the wannabe "hardcore" gamers turning this off to get higher framerates.. IT REDICULOUS!. you get overlapping frames and jittering on the screen.. sux!

If the fps keeps dropping it might be better to turn it off. But still i am an
VSYNC ON man!

can anyone tell me ANY positive reason to turn vsync off .. what so ever? :giddy:

If you don't have tearing, there's no reason whatsoever to have it on. In some app's, it can lead to stuttering, and far lower fps.

But if you're experiencing tearing, by all means, leave it on!

I always have it on, to get smooth framerate syncronized with your monitors hz. and i do get tearing, especially in older games like halflife. But thats THE game where people insists of turning it off:p.. so that they get 100+ fps. to bad their monitor still runs 60hz ^^ unless they fix it. they seldom do.. :D noobs...

LOL. Swine is right, you can go ahead and keep it on buddy, and continue playing your retro games where it may be necessary. The fact is, the majority of people do have it off, because they have computers capable of dishing out a continuous frame count, why have a powerful video card if you are just going to sit there skipping along at 60 fps? Also, it would be great, if in the future, you didn't post about such irrelevant things (noob questions if you will), if you are really the computing genius that you make yourself out to be...

just trying to make discussion. well.. noobquestion or not.

You are the noob if youre talking about dishing around in 60 fps with vsync on! .. If you have 60 fps its because your monitor runs at 60hz. So .. whats the point in gettin alot of FPS if your monitor only updates 60 times a second.

well ur the noob there if you use this as an argument of turning it off.

Swine was right. But you, were DEAD wrong ... :knock:

Ever tried strafe jumping in Quake III at 200 fps? It's a different story if you try it at 60 fps. Sometimes it does make a difference. Even older games like Quake I (gl) and II may not look that different but definitely feel different at 100+ fps.

Cause no one sets their moniters to refresh at 85, 100, or 120...mhz

[sarcasm/]

Everyone runs them @ 60hz?my eyes, my eyes!!

Am I expecting too much of people to be able to figure out that not everyone runs at 60Hz? I Thought not. Even at 120Hz, why lower your fps to that if your card is capable of running 200 plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back