W2000K and XP on Time computers - incompatiability issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vega

My friend recently bought a Time computer system in for me to look at as it was'nt booting up.
On closer inspection, I found that the os (98) was missing quite a few files so decided to reinstall new os (w2k).
However, after changing from fat32 to ntsf, formatting, and installing the new os, I found that whenever the computer booted up, just after POST, the boot would come to an halt with a blue screen and message indicating that I should contact the vendor concerning this issue - I checked the hd for corruption, viruses etc but found nothing but strangely enough, when I decided to take the hd out of the computer and place it into another case, it booted up fine - I tried it in two other pc's and again, it booted up successfully but when I placed it back into the Time computer, all I got was the same error message - do time computers have a compatiability issue with w2k or xp?

In the BIOS is a switch for PNP-OS or something. This must be OFF for anything above W98.
You could also try FAT32, not sure if that would make much of a difference, though.

Blackstuff - unfortunately, no joy in that dept, thanks for the input nevertheless.

It is the list of approved hardware at the Microsoft Web site.
You can check against it to see if there are compatibility issues with the components in your machine.

the wink2k problem

ok, the reason that your having trouble with Win2k is pretty simple. And no where near as technical as you'd expect.
How do i know whats wrong?
I used to work for Tiny.
The reason it wont boot is....
there is a hidden image on your hard drive of windows Xp. If you install a different system (even a different version of Xp that is different from tiny's image) it aint gonna work.

How to access the hidden image?
Well, that is something not even I know how to do.
Tried all sorts of ghost programs to access and remove it. but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back