W32/Nofear.b@MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

Newbie alert! Hope this is the correct forum to ask this question, if not I apologise. I have done a search here for the above virus and can find no mention of it.

A mate of mine has found this on her pc, and the only place I can find any mention of it whatsoever is at McAffee.... which isnt greatly helpful on removal of said evil.

I wonder does anyone have any info on the above, especially any links to a removal tool, or instrucciones on how to remove it? I really would be very grateful!!:(

Does she have any antivirus software, I looked online for a removal tool and found a few sites talking about it but no such tool. They seemed to imply that its a low threat and that if you updated to the latest virus definations for their product that would catch it and remove it.

She assures me that she does.......... heheh, I shall make doubly sure it is up to date.

Thanks so much for checking it out for me, the advice is much appreciated!

If the OS is win ME or XP she needs to disable system restore before removing the virus.

Right, we've just walked through that on MSN and the bugger has been removed! Thanks very much for your help chaps!

Well having spent quite some time looking for info and finding very little, I wouldnt have been able to do it without the help from this board, and that is very very much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back