Wakie is the social alarm clock that lets a stranger call and wake you up

By Shawn Knight
Dec 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As someone that has never been a morning person, the dreaded sound of an alarm clock is probably the least pleasant way to start my day. I do alright if another person is around to wake me up but that...

Read more
  2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,144   +487

This could get awkward very fast. Plus I could see trolls being abusive. I would assume that they probably have some kind of report system in place but that never stops the determined troll.
  3. drjekelmrhyde

drjekelmrhyde TS Booster Posts: 188   +43

I been using this on WP and so far no weirdo yet. Mostly bored people from across the globe just want to talk. This morning a Asian girl called and I had no clue what she was talking about.
  4. AlanCasseb

AlanCasseb TS Rookie Posts: 20

Dude, lol. That had to be fun.
  5. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 141   +15

Gonna give this a try.
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

So this is what dating has come down to, eh? :p
  7. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Maniac Posts: 939   +244

From my own experience, blaring alarms are easily cured with an alarm that plays an mp3 file of your choice.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

Maybe this is a better and healthier way to start your day than the usual bad hangover, a strange bed and a total stranger lying next to you nudging you awake.
    SNGX1275 likes this.
  9. Yeah, tell that to my subconscious that can successfully complete basic mathematics problems while half awake.
    Not to mention, it needs to be loud enough, and go for long enough to wake you up, while not being something you can sit there half asleep and ignore/listen to.
  10. OMFG.

We have deteriorated to a level beyond sheer helplessness.

We have truly become *****s.

11. Setting your favorite mp3 as your alarm will make you hate it =)