Want to get a laptop-suggestions please.

By wibtr
Jun 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to get a desktop replacement laptop for around $1500. Right now Im looking at the HP9500t. Any comments on this? I would like a decent gaming computer, nothing too high end though. Any suggestions on specs or models? Thanks.
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

dell makes good laptops for gaming. I bought a m1710 from them, was more than what you're asking, but you could get a similar model for cheaper.
  3. wibtr

wibtr Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 90

More input please. I was also looking at Toshiba, how good are they?
  4. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

I am sure I may be shunned here for saying, but I would not buy a Toshiba. At least certain models anyways. I have seen too many issues with them the last few years. Personally I would go with an IBm Thinkpad or even Gateway. But that is just me. Have you read any reviews on laptop's?
  5. nickslick74

nickslick74 Newcomer, in training Posts: 883

I've got a HP9000 and it plays games very well. Has a C2D T5500, dual 80GB HDDS, 2GB of DDR2 667 and a 7600Go video card. I can play Source with the eye candy set to medium and get 89fps. Paid about $1400 and Best Buy (I know, I know) last November.

Thinkpads generally don't have anything more that 'integrated' video, though Gateway may have something good in his budget. Dell's XPS line is also nice put kinda pricey.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

I concur with the toshiba set up, I had a satelite model, thing is squeeling now, fans crazy, keys get old fast, things break, gee I'm upset about it now.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.