Want to get a laptop-suggestions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibtr

I want to get a desktop replacement laptop for around $1500. Right now Im looking at the HP9500t. Any comments on this? I would like a decent gaming computer, nothing too high end though. Any suggestions on specs or models? Thanks.

dell makes good laptops for gaming. I bought a m1710 from them, was more than what you're asking, but you could get a similar model for cheaper.

I am sure I may be shunned here for saying, but I would not buy a Toshiba. At least certain models anyways. I have seen too many issues with them the last few years. Personally I would go with an IBm Thinkpad or even Gateway. But that is just me. Have you read any reviews on laptop's?

I've got a HP9000 and it plays games very well. Has a C2D T5500, dual 80GB HDDS, 2GB of DDR2 667 and a 7600Go video card. I can play Source with the eye candy set to medium and get 89fps. Paid about $1400 and Best Buy (I know, I know) last November.

Thinkpads generally don't have anything more that 'integrated' video, though Gateway may have something good in his budget. Dell's XPS line is also nice put kinda pricey.

I concur with the toshiba set up, I had a satelite model, thing is squeeling now, fans crazy, keys get old fast, things break, gee I'm upset about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back