Want to play game, just need a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordPipes

Hello everyone, thanks for viewing this. I have a question for you, theres this new game im dieing to get: Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War 2

As most of you know, you need a good computer for it

Here are the Requirments

Processor: P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Graphics: A 128MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / ATI X1600, or equivalent
Hard Drive: 5.5 GB of Hard Drive space

i basicly have 2 question

Can someone tell me where to find the current.. well system stuff i have to see

once i find that out, i will post what i have

2nd. once i post the system stuff, can anyone tell me what i need to be able to play

Ok, heres what i got so far

OS: Microsoft Windows xp Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

Processor:Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz (2 CPU's)

Memory: 1024 MB RAM

Graphics: AGP version 3.0

Hard Drive: Meets Req.

Someone please help!

We also need info on your power supply. Open up your case and look for a sticker that looks somewhat like this:
sn41g2v2_psu_sticker.jpg

Post all the info from this sticker. Depending on that, we can recommend a specific card for you.

Also, please fill out your profile with your system specs and current location, and also state a budget and whether or not you can buy online.

Thanks man, but im going to have to do that tomarrow, to be honest im only 13, so i have no idea what to do, LOL

and is that all i need? a card

Whether or not you need a card and new PSU depends entirely on your budget. However, spending $150 on an AGP card that is at least $50-60 cheaper in its PCI-E form is not very wise, and a system upgrade would be a better idea IMO.

As for the PSU, it's really very easy. Just power off your PC, unplug everything and look towards the back of the case, at the top. The box-like unit you see there is the PSU, and it usually has a fan or grille facing outwards with a spot for the black power cord that connects it to the mains supply. There will be a sticker on it with all the required information which you have to post here. You can either post it all or take a snapshot of the sticker with a cellphone camera and attach it.

Well i cant really find it, the CPU might be inside the computer which i have to check out later

Price Range-i would say under $70, maybe under $80

Theres quite a good website that you can choose the game you want from a list, it will then scan your existing hardware and tell you how it will run, Whats in your system(not great detail), and what is actually recomended for that particular piece of software. Ive always found it to be quite reliable.

Either google "system requirements lab" or follow this link.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

This is also a sticky in this forum.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man, but of course for my luck, the game isnt there ((cry))

Man, this is a lot of work for this :_(

There are quite a few Warhammer 40000 add ons/ expansions in the system requirements lab list..

I know these are not exactly the same as the game you asked about but they are a pretty good indicator of how the game will run.

Ah, what might be the problem is that my video card, its crap its a NVIDIA Geforce FX 5500 (Geforce FX 5500)

But when i load the beta, it says i have a graphics error

Are Graphics have something to do with a Video Card?

Not true. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is a better gauge of system performance, since DoW2 is based on an updated version of the same engine.

And yes, you need a better video card. Yours is too weak to run the game.

Not true. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is a better gauge of system performance, since DoW2 is based on an updated version of the same engine.

And yes, you need a better video card. Yours is too weak to run the game.

Ok, is there a difference between a Graphics Card and a Video Card

when i launch the beta, it says a Graphics Error

No, the FX series will not meet the requirements of almost any newer game.

I would recommend this:
SAPPHIRE 100175L Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

But only if your PSU can handle it, please try and do as Rage instructed and tell us everything on that sticker! The sticker is on the big metal box on the top-back side of the case, inside of course. Just pop the side off (do it the way it was meant though, please, for your computers sake, no rubber mallets or prybars) and look for it. If you don't want to write everything, take a clear picture of it and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back