Want to remove partly installed server 2003!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hello,
i recently wanted to install server 2003 on virtual pc, but something went wrong but i have accidently partly installed it on windows xp! When i boot up windows xp i get the option to boot into windows xp or server 2003. I really want to remove the boot from server 2003 option and just boot into windows xp as normal. I think i made a mistke when installing server 2003 on virtual pc, and now it seems have installed it as a dual boot option when i boot up windows. If i select the boot into server 2003 at start up it continues into the install process as i did not fully install it.
#
what is want to do is remove it as an option when i boot up
i could go on server 2003 at boot up and wait for the instalation setup to come up then go on format, but would this work???

any help greatly appriciated!

Well, I can help you a liitle bit with this problem. When your in Windows XP you can select in the properties of My Computer the options for your boot menu. You can set the standard to Windows XP in 1 second. So it will boot immidiatly into Windows XP. This doesn't delete your Windows Server 2003. I don't know if you could do a format. this will probably delete your Windows XP as well.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back