Want to run 2 op on 2 seperate hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering if it is possible to stop the 2 hard drives on my computer from sharing,,,i have installed xp on oth hard drives to give me and my wife seperate systems for our own privacy ,,,but is it possible to isolate the hard drives so they cant be acessed by each other?

Yes! You can setup user rights and permissions, for your wife and yourself. You can have full access and she can have read-only access or not allowed to access certain files or folders.

Click on My Computer on desktop
Right click on C:\LOCAL DISK
Click on Sharing and Security
You should see Permissions
Make sure you're the Admin of the PC
You can make your wife a Power User
and limited the access to the hard drive
you want to limited.

He has two separate Windows XP installations.

You can prevent the other OS from seeing the files on your disk only by encrypting them (rigt-click a folder/file, properties, advanced).

shawn066 said:
,,,i have installed xp on oth hard drives to give me and my wife seperate systems for our own privacy ,,,

Why would you want to do that? Are you both doing things you dont want the other to know about? I can tell you from experience this may very well lead to problems down the road! lol....I have been divorced for almost 9 months now! ;)

Your best bet might be to just install 1 XP, and then set up permissions like tipstir said.

Correct you can still do it just under the Admin mode for both XPs installed on different HDDs.. No big deal, really not hard to do.. Corp America does it all the time on there many Servers on Enterprise Domains, but in your case your local workgroup.

the one xp can take ownership of the other at anytime while active booted
as Nodsu stated encryption or hide it
better yet get a sled and unplug the drive and put it away
you may have to play around with boot loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back