Wanting to build dedicated game server for Lanparty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Im building a dedicated game servers for a Lanaparty. I have been looking for what sort of spec i should have in them on the web but no clear inforamtion. The sort of games that will be running are

- Counter Strike: Source
- UT2004
- Call of Duty: UO

The server will have to take up too 30 people. I have around 300 pound to spend and I do have spare parts AMD 2x 2000+ processer, old gfx cards, cases and other small bits n bobs. any help would be greatly appreciated

Well what route do you want to take..use your old stuff, or make a new one. If you want to use the CPU, your going to have to get the according socket, ram etc.

Those games are not too too demanding. I would say your going to want to get a nice amount of RAM, as 30 is alot of people. (a gig minium.), and a decent processor. How fast is the network?

Sean

If we can get away with using old the old procosser that would save me money. I want to have one good server which will hold all 30 players and two more which can hold around 20 payers max. We using 2x 24 port 100 mb switchs with maby a 5 port gig as a backbone. I think we got enough hardware for the two small servers will this do for them?
- AMD 2000+
- 2x256 2100 (266mhz) memory
- 80 gig ide
- we goin buy them cheap mobothereds with gig lan

We just need advice on the new server we goin build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back