wanting to buy radeon x800

Status
Not open for further replies.
First i want to say hi to everyone on these forums :wave: .
Im looking to buy the ati radeon x800 card, Like this one but im need to know if it will work on my computer and where the best place to buy it is in the uk.
I currently have a geforce fx 5200 which is pretty poor as i do alot of 3d rendering and play counterstrike:source regulary. What i need to know is how will i know if it is compatible with my current computer. I dont know the name of my motherboard but my processor is pentium 4 2.8 GHz and i have 512 MB of ram.
Also is there any recomendations of places to buy them online and which brand to go for. Ive seen some on ebay here but is there any site that sell them cheaper and are more reliable than ebay . All i do know is that this is the card i want :)

Most likely if you have a 5200, then you have agp(unless pci). If you have agp, then the card you list should work. No idea where to buy in the uk though.

What about 6800 Ultra?

I just think ATI chipset is not as game firendly as nVidia. Also when thinking of GPUs like these, they need additional power. What is the capacity of your power supply?

PreservedSwine said:
Excellent choice:grinthumb

Just be sure you have a beefy enough PSU

Hell yea!
Make sure you have a good PSU, I've tried a VERY cheap 450W PSU to make a stress test in CS:S and suddenly...my PSU just died...
and I think it caused a damage to my 6800 GT cuz it is also dead...
You dont have to buy a 200dlls PSU, but never think in buying a 15 dlls 450W ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back