Wanto to upgrade my Toshiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I was recently given a toshiba a55-s106 satellite laptop and it is great! Hpwever, I purchased a game to install and it tells me that my graphics are insufficient to run it. I have an intel 852GM chipset and would like to upgrade. Any suggestions on how I can get a hold of a set of schematics for my computer or if I can just change the chipset or have to do the whole motherboard any help would be greatly appreciated.

That graphic chipset is very, very bad indeed. Go to Toshiba's website and look under their support area. You can upgrade the graphic card, although I have no idea how (I deal with desktops). You don't need to swap motherboards. There are expansion slots inside the computer itself.

Just found out that if the card is integrated (like yours), there are no expansion possibilities and you will have to switch motherboards.

latops cannot be modified in general for graphics capabilities. Furthermore, most are not designed to play games. In particular, that series of Toshiba laptops (of which I also own a M35X) is a value end - meaning it is designed for office work and light computing.

If you want to play serious games, you need a decent high-end desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back