WarCraft 3D ACcelerator.... Help!!!

By roamer909
Oct 17, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somebody please help me i have used all the means in my power to try to fix but i noticed i wasnt doing any difference fixing the prob... so i turn to the power of the INTERNET!!! when i try to start up "wow" a pop up says " YOUR 3D ACCELERATOR CARD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT PLEASE INSTALL A 3D ACCELERATOR CARD WITH DUAL TMU SUPPORT." does that mean i need to buy a hole new computer chip?? where do i go im stummped anybody's help with be appreciated thanks! i have a sony vaio 516mb 1.6Ghz and im using the nvidia tnt2 driver
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

I assume ur on a laptop right? Then I doubt u will be able to do anything to run WoW, aside from buying a new one with a standalone video card. Laptops are notoriously non-upgradeable.
  3. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

I've strangely seen laptop video cards online, but I wouldn't suggest that.
  4. roamer909

roamer909 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

no no its not a LAPTOP at all its a PCV-RX650 SONY PC running windows xp(home edition) im i gonna have to invest more money to play this game?? or can i upgrade on the net??
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

What do u mean upgrade on the net? U physically do not have the part u require to run the game so ur gonna have to buy it off the net or from a store and either install it urself or get someone to do it for you. How much are u willing to spend and what other games do u plan to play on that PC? Also, where are u located?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.