Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this game may have slighty high standards in order to play, I have a somewhat new computer and thought it would work so I went ahead and got the game.

I installed it and everything, but when I pressed "Play the Game" button is said that it couldnt find a video card that supports Transform and Lighting or something.

It also said that I could open it in "safe" mode if I ran into any problems. I told the game to open it in safe mode and pressed "Play the Game" button again. The mouse was telling me the computer was thinking for a bit but after a few seconds it stopped, went back to normal, nothing happened.

Clicked it again, nothing happened. And clicked it again a few times after that.

I restarted my computer and pressed the "Play the game" button again and got the same results.

Is it just my video card that keeps me from playing or something else? I dont think I could buy a new video card anytime soon so should I just return the game? If you want to look at my computer's specks just go into my profile.

Thanks. :blackeye:

yes this game will not work with integrated video. you need a pci or agp video card, such as geforce or ati. for under 100$ you can get a decent card that can run games.

btw i have that game and i love it. the fighting is awesome with all types of bullets flying everywhere...it looks like a mini gang battle lol

A little dissapointed that I cant play Warhammer 40k without a good video card, but at least I can get one for under 100$. :D

Since I wouldnt really know what type of video card i'm looking for can you name a few decent/cheap ones for me?

I'm not that great with computers.

Thanks! :D

I'm not an expert, but i know there are many, many threads here about video cards. try typing 5200, 5500, 5600, 5700, or 5900 in a forum search.

dopefisher said:
yes this game will not work with integrated video. you need a pci or agp video card, such as geforce or ati. for under 100$ you can get a decent card that can run games.

btw i have that game and i love it. the fighting is awesome with all types of bullets flying everywhere...it looks like a mini gang battle lol

the game is awsome and i also love the way u can summon the creatures in chaos. i think thats how u spell it. i like the chaos cause of their cool monsters and they can kick ****!!!!:unch: :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back