TechSpot

Warning compatibility issue: gigabyte 81945g mobo & Jetway Geforce 6600 256mb pci-e

By G A Hunter
Nov 14, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all
    I recently posted a thread about pixelated lines when i play games as I have just upgraded my machine.After much hunting I found out from the onsite tech that there is a compatibility issue between the gigabyte 81945g motherboard and the jetway Geforce 6600 256 pci-xpress.So just a friendly heads up to all those considering this option. :suspiciou
  2. gary_hendricks

gary_hendricks TS Rookie Posts: 138

Hi G A Hunter - thanks for the warning - I was thinking of getting the same exact motherboard!
  3. G A Hunter

G A Hunter TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi

Hi Gary

Glad I could help

The mother board is amoung the best i've worked on so far, damn fast and oodles of room for mods ect.
    Its that specific make of G-card that is the prob.
    I feel that if you get a GB motherboard its best to go with the same make graphics card to avoid unforseen compatibility issues.

cheers :approve:

G A Hunter :wave:
  4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Does this one still need to be a sticky? We've all seen it so many times...
  5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Maybe the compatibility issue is now gone. Maybe a BIOS or driver update fixed it.

This shouldn't be a sticky anymore. But only the mods know.....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.