Warning! CPU has been changed or CPU ratio changed fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I recently purchased the

Wintergreen PM800-M2 Socket 478 Barebone Kit / 52x32x52x CD-RW / Modem / 350 Watt Power Supply / Keyboard / Mouse / Speakers

I put in the Prescot 3.0E 1M L2 Catch CPU and 512MB Kingston 3200 DDR ram also it has a Maxtor 60GB 7200RPM hard drive

When I start the pc it gives the message above, also it does not let me save the cmos settings for cpu i.e. it just hangs but it does let me change the settings for date time etc so I think it rules out a bad cmos battery.

I have also double checked the heat sink and fan connection + the memory.

The CPU is running at 58 degrees according to the cmos/bios

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

I had the same problem (but on an Abit board) - it turned out to be defective memory so I siggest you run memtest for an hour ( www.memtest.org), which is a bootable CD or Floppy.

Same Problem Here Motherboard ECS Model P4vMM2 Ver 8.1
Memory : DDR 256 MB PC2700 V/M

I'll Try the Memory Tester to see if it's damaged

You may simply have to reset the CMOS .read you Mb instructions. The BIOS should recognize the CPU then and automatically set the correct parameters for that CPU.

I had the same error and I stayed more than 3 hours trying to fix it. Any way, I came to conclusion that the bios (firmware) software is somehow corrupted so I decided to look for update. I found an update on manufacture website. I downloaded it and I was able to update the BIOS. At the beginning you will see the same error again DO NOT WORRY just go to the CMOS Setting and do all the changes that you want then Hit F10 and Enter to save the changes after that you will see that everything is working fine and you will never see this problem anymore. Good Luck.

P.S. Go to this page to get the BIOS update.

"http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?DetailID=453&DetailName=BIOS&DetailDesc=PM800-M2(1.0)&MenuID=35&LanID=9"

You can run the update from DOS or Win32 bit mode.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Thanks to all,
MG

hello..
i've got the same problem like others..
it say's "warning cpu has been changed or cpu ratio changed fail"..
it hang when loading window.but try change the processor,and then everything going normal.should it be the processor problems??
i want to update the bios but i affraid if i wrong update it will harm my computer..
so what should i do??

u have given no details we need like the cpu or anything? u could also give the MoBo maker and and perpetuals be sure and state what is the maker of the cpu and any PCI devices are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back