Warning: Spyware has been detected on you computer

By JORDANDAVIES
Oct 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all this is my first post anyways i have this retarded problem with my computer. It all started when i was playing cod4 i was playing along and the game froze up as it always does. As i have this problem to do with some nv4-disp drivers or something but thats another story so anyways after about 30mins or so i have to restart my pc and everthings fine and i go back to my game. However this time I restarted my pc and in the bios section it came up with the option of start windows normally and safe mode etc. So i clicked on start windows normally (btw this normally doesnt happen). And so it went to the windows loading page and then nothing happened. So i restarted the pc and this time clicked on the option of last known good configuration. And to my horror when the page loaded up my wallapaper said this "Warning: spyware has been detected on your pc" inside of a windows box. I wasn't able to change the wallaper because the tabs in properties were gone. Since then i now know how to get the tabs back however everytime windows starts it keeps coming up with that warning wallapaper. I don't know how i could have possibly got a virus i wasnt even on an internet browser or opened up my email it doesnt make sense. Btw everything so far runs fine just this godam wallpaper can som1 help.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Hi JORDANDAVIES :wave: Welcome to TechSpot

This forum is for introductions only as stated above: in the Introduce yourself forum
    To access technical support you will need to go Here

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read Posting Guidelines before posting Here

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread, Here

Please post your system specs in your Profile

Enjoy your Stay :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.