TechSpot

Warning you are in danger spyware wallpaper

By Bartender802
Feb 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Warning you are in danger" wallpaper this is spyware and the link at the bottom of the page does work, Had tried running spybot , ad-aware, spy sweeper and Microsofts Anti-spyware program. So far none of these programs have picked this up. Any ideas on how to remove this off of my PC

Attached Files:

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

3. Kevin16

Kevin16 TS Rookie Posts: 173

What you have is a website desktop

Although spyware CAN modify your desktop, this is NOT spyware, so no anti-spyware software can remove it. In fact, I have a website desktop set up for one of my accounts.

To simply remove it, go to Control Panel>Display>Desktop>Customize Desktop and select the "Web" tab. Uncheck any websites under "Web Pages"
  4. Paul

Paul TS Rookie Posts: 97

Isnt that cute :haha:
  5. Kevin16

Kevin16 TS Rookie Posts: 173

Why is that cute?
  6. mynameisearl

mynameisearl TS Rookie

thank you!!!

what an easy answer! ive tried so much stuff to get rid of this. all mine had was a blank white background for months. now i can enjoy my desktop. i regstered as a member just so i could thank you, may sound pathetic but i was even thinkin of reformatin!!
    cheers!!!!!!!!! :blush:
  7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

typical symptoms of the spysherriff/ spyaxe trojans. Read the stickys.
  8. sergiol

sergiol TS Rookie

hello

hey thanks for the note to take taht **** out i finally can watch my desktop without that red thing and finally see my britney spears wallpaper u rock and thanxs so much
  9. koochman67

koochman67 TS Rookie

excellent !! thanks so much for freeing my desktop.
    My anti-virus files were corrupt. I disconnected from the web. While I was at work my son reconnected without protection running. UUUGGGHH! Several free spyware programs would not remove the horrid spyaxe highjacking. Xoftspy finally cured everything but the desktop. thanks again.
  10. DATBOYB

DATBOYB TS Rookie

Dude You Are So Awsome I Had That Screen For Years And I Looked On The Web And Found This Site Read And Bam Fixed My Problem So Now Im A Member Of This Sit Cool
  11. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m glad you`ve got your dekstop back. However, I`d like to check that your system is free from viruses/spyware etc.

Go and read this thread HERE.

Then, open a new thread in this forum and post your HJT log as a .txt attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

12. timnz

timnz TS Rookie

Daner: Spyware

Hello, for Windowns 2000, resolve this threat by visiting settings>web> untick the "..... Active X" box, then the desktop returns to normal and the irritation levels wash away....
  13. timnz

timnz TS Rookie

Danger: Spyware

sorry, I meant visiting settings>desktop>web>
  14. Deb

Deb TS Rookie

Thank you so much...it worked, now finally got rid of that goofy thing.....
  15. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Interesting day here! There are three threads about the spyware wallpaper and another three about the Task Manager being disabled!

Got to wonder who' running what security programs, if they're kept updated and if scans are done!
  16. hughrni

hughrni TS Rookie

I am Hugh new to this forum
  17. hughrni

hughrni TS Rookie

Warning you are in danger

warning you are in danger

Attached Files:

18. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

19. Moca_MX

Moca_MX TS Rookie

Help me pleaseee

I have the same problem, but when i go to Display i dont have Desktop Tab...
    I downloaded BitDefender TS 2008 it removed 20 infected files but Desktop Wallpaper is still Blue with that stupid message and my computer shutdowns in 1 minut...
    Help me please i am so pissed!
  20. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

Please follow my instructions right above your post - then start your own thread by following the last link and selecting new thread
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.