TechSpot

wasssuuuppp

By lvpyro
Jun 8, 2006
  1. Hey people,

Name is Jeff, 35 Y.O. M from las vegas nv... In process of researching for a new computer that is sure to be a screamer... Maybe you all can help point me in the best way so my investment doesn't end up obsolete in 3 months... Well hope I can learn alot and hope to eventually pass on some knowledge as well...Jeff

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Hello and welcome!

Whenever you are ready, just start up a new thread, list what you plan to use the computer for (mainly) and a budget and we'll help you pick out the best parts for your money.

Cheers!

3. lvpyro

lvpyro TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey thanks Don, I am right now using a 833mhz PIII with 512mb 128 mg AGP vid card and a whoping 46 gigs of HDD space on 2 drives...LOL...It is time for an upgrade...Just waiting till the conroe and G80 arrive so I can get the AMD FX-62 and a 7950 vid card on the cheap... I don't need the best I just need good and inexpensive...

4. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

I think you need to give your crystal ball a shake ;)

The FX-62 and the 7950 are not going to be "cheap" for quite some time, even after the release of conroe/G80.

But, I do like the sounds of the budget you have. It's going to be fun putting that system together!

Cheers

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.