TechSpot

Wassup!

By Blippard
Sep 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone, glad to be part of a solid forum group. Currently had an issue almost solved thanks to the help of a fellow member of this forum. Anyway, hope to learn from this forum and put it to use.

I am a 21 year old customer service assistant at a Food Lion in Carolina Beach, NC. I Got an associates degree in Computer Engineering at Cape Fear Community College in 2011. I am still fighting to find a job in the field, of any extent, in the area of Wilmington to stay close to home. If anyone has any tips, they are welcome. I am a sports nut, I love my Braves, Panthers, Tar Heels, Hurricanes....Bobcats.... Always looking to chill with friends, grab some beers, and do some computer work for friends on the side as of now. I live by one main quote:

"Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out alive." - Elbert Hubbard

My name is Brent by the way, and again, glad to find some good help!

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,640   +322

Hi, welcome, I'm Dave. I rarely respond to newcomer posts simply because there are always newcomers and so few of them stick around. But, your intro post was different than the usual, so here we are.

I'm like a 11 year older version of you but my schooling/interest is in geology and not CS. I became a member of this site in dec 1999, and I've moved up the ranks here since. Not because of my knowledge of how to solve things or how to write code, although with almost 13 years here I have learned a lot on how to solve things - but I have no official training in doing so.

I'm fighting to find a job in my field too. I have a BS in Geology, a MS in Engineering Management, and I hope a MS in Geology soon, I was a PhD student for a while, but that went to hell. So I'm more looking for a job than a MS in geo.

3. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

One of the better intros, especially since it mentions Bobcats. ;)

I wish you find a good job soon. Also that you stick here with the community which needs new, capable people.

See you around.

4. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 2,057   +8

Hi Brent :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.