wat do i need for WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have had a look at the specifications at the provided link and it appears to have onboard video. I would suggest that you get a video card to start with. Not for graphical screen quality but mor that the min spec's for the game requires that you have a geforce 2MX card and DirectX 9 running on your PC.

However, the fact that you are trying to install it and get only part of the way through the download may be another issue. Have you checked out the WoW Forums?

i have tried the forums but nothing seems to work...it gets to where it is d-loading the latest patch and jus sits on 0% saying that no problems are detected. The forums talk about this but i tried most of the ways to try and fix it. A few of the ways i didnt understand...ill try again

Your problem has to do with NAT. You need to configure your router to allow the ports that the WoW patch process uses. There is a link on www.worldofwarcraft.com for it somewhere. I would link it directly but I'm at work and that is a no no site here. Basically you need to allow these ports access. You could also just plug your computer directly into the DSL/cable modem you have and bypass the router that way.

i went through it and allowed the ports but now it doesnt even show 0% done.It just sits blank not even showing the "no problems detected" it used to show. when i went to look at the log it was empty.

So as i understand it, you installed the game, but can't get the patches to download?

you don't have to download the patches through blizzard. Fileplanet.com should have all the patches you want.

http://www.fileplanet.com/150253/150000/fileinfo/World-of-Warcraft-Patch---v1.10-[Full-Patch]

You'll have to use the Fileplanet Download Manager however, which is kinda a bum, but its worth it because it resumes downloads upon disconnect (and even holds your spot in line).

Also, you'll need 8-10 hours each day, available to play =D

where im at high speed internet is not available unfortunatly....so i guess ill b waiting to plaw WoW until i come up with $80 a month to pay for highspeed via satellite ,or for one of the companies to expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back