TechSpot

Watch as an iMac with Retina 5K display squares off against an anti-tank cannon

By Shawn Knight
Sep 22, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. As a technology aficionado, I find it uncommonly satisfying to watch gadgets get blasted to smithereens. It’s simply a “durability test,” right?

In this recently published video, YouTube user FullMag pits Apple’s iMac with Retina 5K display up against a T8 90mm AT (anti-tank) cannon. Call me crazy but I don’t like the iMac’s chances.

There’s plenty of slow-motion goodness showing both the round’s exit from the cannon and it’s impact with the iMac. Enjoy!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,185   +528

As fun as it is to watch a cannon fire, I'm tired of all these tech destroying videos.

3. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax TS Member Posts: 23

I'm actually surprised at how much the round was deflected!

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,560   +2,365

I'm all for blowing s*** up, but these videos where anti-armor/material weaponry is shot at a tech device got old after Myth Busters did it several years back. Shoot something interesting or save the round.

5. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,155   +1,431

Idiocy is contagious. Absolute idiocy is contagious absolutely.

LenovoX and cliffordcooley like this.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,509   +2,056

Don't these people have better things to do?

cliffordcooley likes this.
  7. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,185   +528

nope, because they are making money by doing this. Sadly...

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

Where the hell, or how the hell, does one go about getting his hands on an anti-tank cannon in the first place?:confused:

Is this some of those "deep web shenanigans"?;) Should I install TOR? *nerd*Would that help?:)

madboyv1 likes this.
  9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

With that being said, IMHO, anything Apple makes has it coming anyway! :oops:

liftedplane and Kibaruk like this.
  10. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

It did what it was built to do, let's not think for a minute that the obstruction was able to stand up to any part of that round.

11. davislane1

Like any other forbidden fruit, you gotta know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. The longer the chain, the greater the goodies.

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,558   +2,900

I know a guy in the White House. Pretend you are not an American and you can get anything you want.

13. davislane1

Si?

14. Skidmarksdeluxe

Isn't it written somewhere in your country's constitution that all Americans have the right to bear artille... um... arms. ;)

15. Skidmarksdeluxe

How the hell does someone go about making money by blowing stuff up for fun on YouTube? And how the heck do they get their hands on artillery pieces? I thought only the military could play with those toys.

16. davislane1

1. Ad revenue
    2. You can own whatever weapons you want over here so long as (1) you have the appropriate license and (2) local law enforcement will authorize the transaction.

17. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,155   +1,431

Nothing surprised me in this video, except that the Mac didn't withstand the shot.

18. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Eff it! I'm trying this at home!

19. LenovoX

LenovoX TS Rookie

no, they don't... it's to much to ask them to help a underfunded school with a computer or a monitor... stupid rednecks!

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  20. liftedplane

liftedplane TS Rookie

Wouldn't better to do it at a distance using an HE round (High explosive) would've looked alot cooler

I've done a 105mm direct fire at about 900 meters before, there's nothing quite like it.