TechSpot

'Watch Dogs' hit with login issues and more on launch day

By Shawn Knight
May 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In what's become the norm with each new blockbuster game release, those attempting to play the just-released Watch Dogs are experiencing a myriad of issues ranging from trouble with authentication services to being unable to connect to Uplay - Ubisoft's...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Tbh I havent had that at all, I have had the occasional crash but thats about it and the game bluescreened not my pc but the game... had to reset pc as task manager couldnt get rid xD

3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,543   +2,341

Schadenfreude isn't part of my normal psyche, but I find something unusually amusing about a game premised on creating technical issues suffering from technical issues.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +2,034

And this is one of the main reasons why I'll never buy a newly released game, ever. I'll wait till **most of** the bugs are sorted out and it goes on sale then I'll step in, that's only if I feel the game is worthwhile playing of course. Pre release incentives be damned.

5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Meh, was bound to happen but it seemed fine to me while playing. Dunno maybe I just got lucky?

6. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Booster Posts: 209   +30

Great game, you guys should check it out if you have some time.

7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,691   +1,879

Is this the same website creation company that designed "healthcare.gov"? :oops:

8. hopgop1

hopgop1 TS Booster Posts: 165   +31

I started playing 1 min after release due to making a uPlay account, no issues from then to now.

9. Hexic

Hexic TS Addict Posts: 283   +132

It's Ubisoft - one could bet money that SOMETHING will fail on any modern launch.

It isn't like AAA games are new to them, but they prove the opposite on big launch days.