TechSpot

Watch Google's big hardware event right here

By Shawn Knight
Oct 4, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Google has invited members of the press to San Francisco to showcase what’s expected to be a wealth of new products. On the docket – or at least, what is rumored to be on the docket – include two Pixel handsets, Google Home (the search giant’s answer to Amazon’s Echo) and a 4K-capable Chromecast.

It’s also possible that we’ll see Google announce a new Wi-Fi router and perhaps even a new operating system called Andromeda that’s said to combine elements of Android and Chrome.

The event kicks off at 9:00 a.m. Pacific / noon for those on the East Coast.

Permalink to story.

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I'm not that keen to watch it live, I've better things to do. I'll catch up on all the news later.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

By then we'll have a summary of everything that went on, so check back here :)

4. Bigtruckseries

Bigtruckseries TS Maniac Posts: 401   +211

The VR equipment is going to be a FAILURE until the market develops a WIRELESS HD STANDARD.

Bluetooth succeeded because it's based on a wireless audio standard any company can develop for.

No one wants a device that not only obscures their vision, but has to be tethered.

5. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 812   +26

...............what was the point of even commenting?

6. Panda218

Panda218 TS Maniac Posts: 288   +105

I doubt we'll see a WIRELESS HD STANDARD anytime soon. Bluetooth can't even provide a HD audio signal so I don't see it happening with video.

Plenty of people don't care about being tethered as it provides the best connection available for the data throughput.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

That's my plan. I think I'll do just that right now (y)