1. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Very excited! Bring on Android 5.0

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

Correction: bring on 64-bit Android! :)

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Disappointed that they didn't show off the Nexus 8... a real shame. The Nexus 10 is really showing its age and needs a replacement. I wonder if there is a Nexus 8 in the #cardboard.

4. VitalyT

And no 64-bit either, not before next year. Apple is releasing 2-nd generation 64-bit mobile platform in two month, Google fails to launch its first one. Lame.

5. TheLastPanda

TheLastPanda TS Member Posts: 78   +10

Why? The day a phone will need to be more powerful than a 32bit computer it will cease to be a phone imho. It is beyond silly to me as the biggest advantage is removing the 4gb cap and over 99% of users will never need that.

6. VitalyT

That day has passed, my friend. 64-bit is here already, and it is not just about memory capacity, but also memory access speed and future-proof. World paces beyond immediate needs ;)

7. TheLastPanda

TheLastPanda TS Member Posts: 78   +10

I forgot that in two years snapchat will require 8gb of highspeed ram. Instead of looking years down the road they should target needs for today such as battery life.