Watch Stephen Colbert poke fun at the Vessyl smart cup

By Shawn Knight
Jul 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. "It's not magic, but close to it." That's the tagline for Vessyl, a smart cup that can analyze and identify drinks poured into it. The device made headlines last month when it went up for pre-order but now, the Yves...

Read more
  2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,319   +262

Wow... seriously what is the point of that cup... Thank you Stephen Colbert for making my morning as I had not seen this yet. I'd buy a Toylyte though. =3
  3. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

Ok, I would make fun of that idea too. Honestly, the only real use for it would be to tell if someone spiked, poisoned, or put date rape in my drink.
    gamoniac likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

Just my luck. I'd like to see the video for myself but it's not available in my location. :( Prudes.
  5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,616   +492

This is why I hate the CRTC, video cannot be viewed in my location, the show airs on channels available around here but for whatever stupid reason I can't watch it online without going to, which if I may add sucks and is slow as molasses. Lucky I have other ways to view this video and had already seen it before it was posted here. Amazing how dumb ideas snowball in to creation, regardless of how ridiculous they may be and how much criticism they receive.
  6. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 244   +62

Use ZenMate VPN software for your browser!
  7. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,376

That video only plays for users in US.
  8. EClyde

EClyde TS Maniac Posts: 615   +143

The only thing that would be humorous about Colbert is if there was a video of him wiping his *** on Oprah
  9. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,184   +1,215

Yeah I had to use YouTube, really we should have linked to a YouTube video anyway. Just search for the title.

About the cup, it seems to be beyond stupid. But maybe there is real world applications for people with disabilities?
  10. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,816   +867

like anyone would want to rape you....
    stewi0001 likes this.
  11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I think I will add it to the comments.

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

Thanks man(y) Now why didn't I think of that?:p
  13. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

true that, I can't even get my wife to rape me! XD
  14. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

I can't find clip anywhere that is not 'blocked' by some corporate whiners or some other bs.

I can try watching a whole episode on if I knew what date he aired this.

Otherwise cool story bro.... >.>
  15. Nailed it. Why people like laptops better than desktops? You can take your laptop into the toilet hahaha.
  16. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I'm not planning to sit on the toilet, long enough to be able to use a laptop/phone!