Watch this robot prove it's not a robot

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Captchas are a necessary evil designed to keep bots and other automated systems from creating online accounts, facilitating spam or otherwise imitating humans.

Google, which purchased reCaptcha way back in 2009, took steps to simplify the process of verifying one’s identity in 2014 by replacing the illegible string of text and numbers we'd grown to hate with a simple checkbox to tick stating “I’m not a robot.”

All was well in the world until YouTube user Matt Unsworth posted the above video demonstrating how “easy” it is to bypass Google’s No Captcha reCaptcha verification technology. Now what?

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Unfair. That was an Apple gadget whose trackpads are said by some to be among the best trackpads around (if nothing else) Let's see the same thing on a Windows machine. Everybody knows those that their trackpads may not as well be included with laptops.

Really, this is stupid. You can just think of it as an electronic/mechanical extension of a human, being totally controlled by a person. I have no proof it's AI or even an algorithm that isnt doing this entirely on its own.

So, yes... seeing the GIF on Reddit was enough. There's no need for an entire article.

Techspot slippin'

This and the "University fined after students consume single dose of caffeine equal to 300 cups of coffee" article.

Hopefully I'm not singling out a single author. Quality over quantity.

This and the "University fined after students consume single dose of caffeine equal to 300 cups of coffee" article.
You almost forgot about an alternative way to defeat big boo on the Super Mario World game, oh and "Silicon Valley prepares for doomsday with guns, laser eye surgery, and New Zealand property"... well it's not thaaat many but they clearly stand out.

Back