Watch TV on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

death

Hi Guys;

I have ATI RADEON 8500LE 64MB video Card and it has S-Video connection along with other two connections, I don't know what they r called..

Anyways I want to watch TV on my computer and also want to connect VCR to Computer............what do I need?

Do I need any kind of software or I have to buy a new video card?

I have S-Video Converter (it converts S-Video to A/V jacks), because I don't have S-Video connecter in my TV............

any suggestions.............

Thank You.

The easiest way to go is to get a TV tuner card. I have a Leadtek I got at Newegg for $47. Works really good. ATI has the TV Wonder for $75-100.

What you have is a videocard that can output video but cannot accept video. So you need a TV Tuner card like vegasgmc suggested. You can spend money like he's talking about and get something decent, or you can buy something really cheap and get TV, but it won't look too good.
I bought a hauppage wintv card oem once and was extremely dissapointed with its quality. I've still got it, if anyone is interested I'll mail it to you for $5 + Shipping :).

tv cards

any $100 + card would produce decent results. now just some advice, if ur gonna get a tv card, most programs that come wif it to show the tv r shyt.

if u get crappy quality, then get a better prog, for digital i recommend windvr by intervideo. i dont use analogue so i cant help there.

and them grfx cards r old, ud b hell bent tryin 2 get the tv card 2 show picture on 1 of dem

soz sum1 had 2 say it!!!
happy fraggin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back