Watching/Recording TV on HP Media Center PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbesos

I have a HP Media Center PC m1264n. I'm supposed to be able to watch/record tv with my computer. It recognizes the TV signal and downloaded the guide (supposedly) ... but for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to watch/record TV. There's no option when I open up the Media Center to "watch TV." I read somewhere that some HP Media Center PCs came with the media center operating system and no TV Tuner card ... could this be the case? How do I figure out if I have a TV Tuner card???

Thanks,
kbesos

How do I figure out if I have a TV Tuner card???
look on the back of your PC and see if there's a plug for your antenna to go into.. simple :)

Otherwise go to device manager and see if you have one there.. sometimes called "DTV" if you have a HD/SDTV digital tv card..

Did you plug any form of video input into the machine? It can't magically make TV appear.

In the same area you set up the guide there is a set up TV/Antenna Signal or something to that effect, you'll have to run that, but I'm not sure how you could have gotten through the guide without setting up the signal. I thought they were done during the same task...

That computer does come with a tuner card, so it should be all set to go.

In Media Center the "watch tv" part you refer to is under My TV right when you start up media center, and then Live TV.

No My TV Option found

The digital cable (coaxial) is plugged in ... that's how the computer recognized the TV signal and downloaded the guide. I would have assumed that something like what you stated ("My TV") would be available when I start up the Media Center ... however, this is not the case. I do not have "My TV" in any of the menus in the Media Center. I have my pictures, image zone, tunes, other programs (no TV option under this), and settings, that's it.

Check " All Programs"

I installed a tv card and the software included placed the program in in the "ALL PROGRAMS" look for something maybe called "Instant TV" or "PVR" or something to do with tv and open it up. If it's a new pc, it probably just needs to get set up like the signal and guide. When you find it, it will probably set up with a wizard and give you a shortcut for future veiwing . Good luck. CSI is on tonight.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back