Water cooling adapters

By caltech41
Mar 12, 2007
  1. I need help in buying adapters for my water cooling system. I bought a
    Thermaltake AquaBay M2 120mm Radiator CL-W0021 and it quick connects with 1/4" or 3/8" ID tubing. The quick connects are threaded on the radiator itself, and i need to convert this to 1/2. Are there adapters that connect straight into this radiator or do i have to use a piece of tubing then convert using a flow adapter to convert to 1/2? I also have this problem with OCZ FlexXLC Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1150 (PC2 9200) that have 3/8 barbs that i need to convert to 1/2 tubing. My final problem is with my hard drive cooler (HD-55-L06 (HDx2) ) that has 1/4'' adapters that can not come off to be replaced by 1/2 connectors. what is the best way to convert these into 1/2 connectors for my 1/2 system.
  2. twite

    twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

    I had the same problem with my asetek waterchill system. I had 1/2 in pump and radiator, but my pump failed, i rma'ed it, and they sent me back a 3/8 in pump. I went down to lowes and picked up a converter barb from 3/8 to 1/2. Make sure you use pipe threading tape and clamps on both sides or there is the possibility of leakage.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Create an account or login to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.