TechSpot

Water Cooling: Worth the risk?

By Vehementi
Aug 22, 2002
  1. I would be a huge advocate of water cooling if it wasn't for one issue.

Why run the risk of having all that conductive liquid circulating around your computer? I mean one drop leaks...*pop* and blue smoke, because you bridged two connections and fried your entire system. Doesn't sound like a good thought to me...

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Ever thought about the liquids circulating in electronic machines in the kitchen?

3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 2,704

Like what? :confused:

4. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

A Blender.

5. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 2,704

:haha:

I was thinking more along the lines of electronic, not electric ;)

I didn't know water circulated inside a blender. Thanks for that little factoid, Y&W.

6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,550   +231

Fridge freezer unit is what I think Mict is trying to point out. Or an AC unit. If the water cooling system is professionally made then I don't see that the possibility of leakage would be that off putting. A home made system on the other hand means you would have to be very careful with seals and tubing connections...

7. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,924   +179

As long as you use distilled water it's no cause of concern (hint non-conductive)

I've filled my PSU with distilled water when the comp was on but nothing happened...

It was when I saw that a hose had got bent, I removed it and went to get a new one, then my sister went up and started the comp...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.