TechSpot

Watercool your GPU with ease using this Corsair bracket

By Shawn Knight
Jun 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Corsair is using Computex to launch a new watercooling accessory for graphics cards. The Hydro Series HG10 is essentially a bracket that allows you to use the company's Hydro Series CPU cooler on your GPU.

Read more

2. jackal2687

jackal2687 TS Enthusiast Posts: 85   +12

I think if Techspot offered a how to video series on how to install these as well as the entire liquid cooling system, I would be very appreciative.

3. Blakey

Blakey TS Member

If its compatible with Non-Reference cards this would be great.

TechGamer likes this.
  4. TechGamer

TechGamer TS Addict Posts: 365   +38

true my 660 is crying for one

5. Blakey

Blakey TS Member

"The Hydro Series HG10 will initially be compatible with AMD Radeon R9 290 and 290X cards as well as Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 770, 780 and 780 TI" highly doubt 660 would be compatible, 660 is also a lot smaller and tbh a 660 doesn't need water cooling :p its quite a cool lower power card.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,034

Damn. Does this mean I'm outta luck with my nuclear powered Riva TNT card? :p

7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Not a bad idea, hybrid cooling is a great way to give you alot of overclocking headroom. Re-purposing their CPU cooling block with just a bracket is a cool idea!

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Now why on earth would you want to install water cooling 660? The bracket would be worth more than the card itself besides the stock cooler is ample if a little noisy.

9. Oddly enough, NZXT's GPU water cooling adapter is also labeled G10. Coincidence? Doubt it.

10. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,423

Water-cooling is much easier to do with a retiring system - you can just piss on it ;)

11. Punkid

Punkid TS Guru Posts: 421

My gtx 680 needs one too, BADLY. Living in a hot country, it easily goes to 90C under load which worries me ALOT. And the blower fan sounds like a bloody vacuum cleaner

12. Tokido

Tokido TS Rookie Posts: 17

Still gonna be rockin my custom loop with QDC fittings. :)

13. TechGamer

TechGamer TS Addict Posts: 365   +38

well come on we all want stuff we cant have dont we :(

14. Skidmarksdeluxe

Absolutely but why can't you have this cooler? (card incompatibility notwithstanding). It's not terribly expensive but it's also not exactly the thing dreams are made of.

TechGamer likes this.
  15. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,630   +431

Up to 50C drop? Sign me up.

16. robb213

robb213 TS Addict Posts: 315   +93

My 480 has you beat by miles, in addition to being in a brick house in Connecticut, which has been rapidly becoming more humid each year :p

The thing I'm curious about is the hole the block will fit into. It's circular in the video, and they say it's compatible with all their Hydro series coolers, yet some of them use a (nicer imo) square block rather than a circle. Either it must mean they'll produce both, or it's false advertising...

TechGamer likes this.
  17. havok585

havok585 TS Booster Posts: 121   +19

Oh really, wise guy? If u find me a 660 for $ 40, give me a holla.

18. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,549   +2,894

$140 would be a bargain for a 660.