TechSpot

wats better pentium III or intel celeron D?

By ishdaddy93
Oct 30, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i don't know because i wanna play gunz but i been played on this computer and the requirements didn't change so im trying to figure out whayts wrong

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

As much as I loathe the Celeron D, I will admit it is newer and more capable of playing games that the Pentium III. What are the speeds of the 2 processors?

3. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 524

Yes the celeron would be faster becuase of it is a celeron d but if it was a orignal celeron it still could be faster or even slower becuase it started it 1999 at 453 mhz i think it was and p11 goeas to 1 ghz? or something like that

4. GeekieNick101

correction 1998 is when the orignal celeron was started sorry I get confused now and them

5. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

Either way the Celeron D is reletively new, and much faster.

6. GeekieNick101

Yes that it is true, The Plll was introduced on February 26, 1999. Th celeron D was in 2005. The highest a Plll goes is 1.4Ghz and the celeron D goes up to 3.33Ghzso thats up to a difference of 1.93Ghz making the Celeron D the fastest choice.

7. ishdaddy93

ishdaddy93 TS Rookie Topic Starter

k ty

ty guys but 1 more question... anyone here play gunz? if u do help!!! plz!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.