Can anybody give me a list of things i can do to prevent choppy gameplay in games?
Well turn the graphics down or upgrade....
no seriously there isn't much you can do past those two things, but if you are trying hard to get around this issue there is a small little program.
Its freeware, don't know if you will see much difference but the program ends all the background processes so just the game is the only thing your computer has to process.
Anyway you can download here
There are a ton of things you can do, but the performance gain is minimal.
- keep all drivers up to date
- set your pagefile to a fixed size like 1024min/1024max, and put it on a different drive than the one where you have windows installed
- put your pagefile on your fastest harddrive
- defragment your harddrive(s)
- disable unnessesary drivers and windows services
- close background applications/processes
- turn down audio quality in-game or disable audio
- disable antialias and anisotropic filtering
- lower your resolution
- lower texture resolution
- get a better cooler and overclock your system )