WDM Video Capture (universal) Problem geforce 4 ti4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellows

I've been googling this problem for a while without any luck, i have seen other guys having similar problems.

Basically I cant activate the video capture with the Gainward Geforce 4 Ti 4600.

I have the VIVO cable with the yellow and a black connector. so black (s-video or composite) for input and yellow for tv out. The instalation of the drivers goes smoothly. THe problem comes when booting the computer, sometimes i get bluescreen during windows loading, just before windows login. when the booting works, i get the WDM video capture (universal) with exclamation marks. disable and enable removes the exclamation mark but the wincoder does not captures anything, sometimes i get the computer booted when wincoder attempts to capture something.

Im using latest nvidia drivers for the video card and for the capture. The funny part is that windows detects a tv tuner, and i dont seem to see any coaxial conection in the cable, so i really wonder what is that tv tuner thingy :eek:

I have: remove the devices and installed again, check the irq so that it is not sharing with any device (BIOS), loaded previous drivers versions. no luck

the current situation is that the device manager doesnt show any exclamation marks, but wincoder will reset the computer when attempting to capture

what do you think?? sorry for the long story

Pasch

AMD althon xp 2600+ 1.97Ghz
PCchips M848a (crappy motherboard i know) :haha:
1Gb DDR 400
Maxtor 120Gb 7200rpm 8mb
Gainward Geforce ti 4600 128mb
LG GSA-4120B
XP SP1
PSU 350W

cheers!

Status