TechSpot

We can't filter Kazaa: Sharman Networks

By Spike
Feb 10, 2004
  1. click here for full story.

2. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,350

Bad idea. You just called Kazaa a type of "copying technology". You managers should be more careful. That will most likely be used in court, if it does go to court.

3. dani_17

dani_17 TS Rookie Posts: 146

Kazaa will end up disapeared and will loose in court. We already know that we will be able to download music and copyrighted stuff in the net if we want, the only thing that changes is the date and the name of the program you have to download.

"It's inevitable", neo(r) :p

4. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,350

I don't really use Kazaa. I know where to get my files :). I'm able to literally get any file I want quickly. Hehe.

5. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 2,168

I have acctually often wondered to myself. The RIAA are attacking kazaa, and only Kazaa.

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kazaa just client/server software to connect to the fastrack network? Surely its the network the RIAA should be attacking if they want to stop p2p (not that they ever will!)

I mean, they aren't attacking the other p2p applications on the network.

6. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

If they physically went after the network itself and not do it right, they could screw up a whole lot of pc's and generally slow down the internet itself. It would have to be a focused attack on the offending ports that Fastrack uses. This "could" have a backlash on them......not that much else has with their current Gestapo tactics.

Hell, maybe they just don't know how.....who knows?

7. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 380

Kazaa is a major pain in the @$$ in my book...but that's just me...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.