Weather in Europe???

By cfitzarl
Jan 20, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I heard about that major storm in Europe today, and I was wondering how all of our European Users were doing.
  2. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 638

It isn't so bad where I live, just some heavy winds. Northern Jutland was hit by the storm pretty bad with wind speeds like 29m/s, but I don't think it's anything like back in 1999 or 2005. I've heard reports of trees being knocked down and some bridges that had to be closed, but haven't heard of anybody dieing here in DK.
  3. Finchy

Finchy Newcomer, in training Posts: 378

It hasn't been to bad over hear either, wednesday and thursday had some pretty high winds, a school somewhere else got its roof blown off, but apart from that....
  4. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,520   +9

I just have never heard of such a storm in Europe, although I am ignorant to that, since I live in the United States, I wouldn't know what the weather is like. Down south here in Florida and Louisiana there are many "hurricanes" with winds of up to 180MPH or 289.6KPH. I'm sure almost all of you heard about Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans...
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

-16°C (~3F), wind 2 m/s, not snowing.

The storm didn't really reach this north.
  6. cfitzarl

What do measure for wind, KPH, or M/S? Just wondering :D
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

We measure it here metres per second - didn't that m/s show up there?
  8. cfitzarl

I noticed it, but I didn't know if that was an official measuring technique, like when someone says that you travel at 5 yards per second. The measuring system in the United States is rather unique ;) .
  9. DivineMeia

DivineMeia Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

I'm actually a travel agent, and I had heard about some sort of storm running through Germany. That it was closing down airports and school. I even got a few calls from passengers on our tour company (Insight Vacations) concerned that it was going to delay and/or cancel their trip.

How bad exactly was it?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.