Web cam streaming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavman030

Do not Know where to start. It seems so complicated. Every one tell me a different way to set up a webcam. All I want is to create a webpage, (have all needed to do this!) And have a straming cam on it so all can see. AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! plz help

What kind of computer do you have? Are you using XP? Setting up a webcam can be as easy as plugging it in... The video streaming is directly related to your Internet providers speed and type of Internet connection

I only use sp1. Don't care for the others. And the webcam is to be on a webpage for any one to goto and see. You know click and watch type of webcam

It's not a matter of wanting XP, SP2 or not. it's a matter of better hardware compatibility and a more stable and secure XP Operating System. Are you running an illegal copy of XP?

As for your question...

What do you want the people to see when they visit your site? You?

You will need video hosting help:

http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-video-hosting.php

Never illegal. All the stuff is mine. Forget security, got that covered. Can this be done with sp1? Not going to any other sp. I have windows sp1, sp1a, sp2. I only use sp1a. If you upgrade to another sp bad thing WILL happen. It needs to be installed with windows not upgraded. Any way with no more refferences to my service pack. can this be done and how?

Sorry to go on at you, but Service Pack II for Windows XP is OK. Tmagic650 is right all down the line and you should understand that he is telling you to install the update for good reason.

I have been running like this on 4 computers for 3 years. No blue screen o' death, No data loss no hangs not more than a few lockups. Not 1 problem. Ever. These computers are always on and running. I did the upgrade cause dell told me the world will end if I don't. So I did. What a mess. Never again. So how to explain this. How did I get so far running this way. Please do not take this the wrong way, I am not one for change.

"If you upgrade to another sp bad thing WILL happen..."

You are SOOOOO wrong thinking this way! Get your head out of the sand and update to SP2 now. There are so many updates released after XP, SP2 that you are missing. You must have disabled Microsoft Update totally. XP, SP3 is on the horizon soon too. If you still refuse to upgrade to SP2, why don't you just delete XP and go with Linux or something else.

The link I provided tells you that you will have to set up video hosting account. Follow the instructions. Any USB webcam should work for you, especially if you update XP properly.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back