Web Site Problems

Hi my problem is I can create a Web Site on my computer which has a 17 inch screen and it looks great but then when I look at it on a smaller screen I have to scroll to the right does any one know how to make it fit on all size screens?

You posted this in the wrong forum, but I will still help. ;)

You are creating the site with HTML, correct? If so you are most likely creating everything (tables, etc.) with a larger pixel size. One way to fiix this is whenever you create the tables, instead of making the size in pixels, change it too 100%, 50%, etc.

If you are using a WYSIWYG editor, or something like it, then I don't know.

set the width="100%" -- the display will 'fill' the window and flow to show all data
no matter how the user resizes the window. In the example below,
a single table is used with one row and one cell (where the width is located).
In that cell you can put Any other normal html. I highly recommend you use CSS
for all other formatting controls.

Code:
<html><head></head>
<body>

<table >
<tr>
<td width="100%">
<p>MILAN, Italy (AP) — Italian composer Giorgio Battistelli says he believes operatic treatment of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" will help people see the world's environmental predicament from a fresh point of view.

<p>"Opera makes you reflect," he said in a phone interview Friday. He is working on an opera based on Gore's book and film about climate change.

<p>Artists in general "make you see things differently, make you see things in a new light. When we see a painting by Francis Bacon or a film of Sydney Pollack, we get a very precise idea of the problems of our century," Battistelli said.

<p>He began work on the opera a year ago, and the Milan opera house La Scala plans to present it during the 2011 season as part of celebrations for the 150th anniversary of Italy's unification in 1861.
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>
copy/paste this into Notepad and save as Sample.html which you can then open
in your browser to see the effect of resizing.

Best wishes

Back