TechSpot

Webcam won't work??

By tomrice32
Aug 28, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently had to re-install windows, and therefore had to re-instal my webcam. It worked fine before but now won't work:mad: .

The model is: Maxim Digital Camera MX30-50, my windows OS is Windows98

It can be used as a webcam and also as a camera.
    I can take photos with it and upload them no problem.. but when I use the webcam (and i have tried it with various programs that i've used before with it), it simply doesnt load. It freezes whatever application I tried to run it in.

When I run in the application "PCCam" I get the error that it cannot run preview graph. I've tried reinstalling the software and the driver multiple times but still no result.

Any ideas to get it running would be appreciated, thank you in advance
    :)

edit: also forgot to say it is a USB Camera.. but I do know that the USB cable is working because I can get photos from it
  2. reggie3998

reggie3998 TS Rookie

im having the same problim

im having the same problim but now i cant even find the disk off my camera so if any one can help please e mail me or watever
    it might be your usb settings gointo controle pannel
    and look in deviceman uad open devoices there u shuld see wats wrong maybe
  3. honden12

honden12 TS Rookie

4. devilangel07

devilangel07 TS Rookie

help please

hi there i have bough a maxim digital cameral MX30-50 but didnt get a cd with it could any one please help as i dont know how to install it onto my computer without it thanx please either reply here or email me at crazy_jan84@hotmail.com with info thanx

Janet x :)
  5. s62209

s62209 TS Rookie

6. jatinuppal

jatinuppal TS Rookie

maxim mx30-50

hi guys
    i had similiar problem with digital web camera maxim 30-50 but i m lucky enough to find my cd ..i have that now. but i dont know how to help u out...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.