TechSpot

Websit Idea

By TriniUS
May 4, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone,
    I am new to the web design thing ...I have a cultural site dedecated to people of Trinidad & Tobago Trini.US(with a urban vibe).
    Well anyway I just used it to learn some html and so on...
    Now I have a pretty descent Idea (I think:eek: ) It requires a programmer. I don't know where to begin though.

I want to create a Shout Out Box that people can use on thier website for free and a upgraded version fo a yearly fee like
    tagboard
    The reason I came up with this is most people call these
    "shout out box" Which I own ShoutOutBox.com. This is the common name refered to these boxes.
    I don't know how to make my own box to distribute. Which I have Ideas for a BETTER design..I would LOVE to get a programmer partner.
    I guess the first question is ,Is this a good i dea to anyone else?
    what to do?:eek:

2. altyfc

altyfc TS Rookie

What is a shout out box...? Can you explain? I'm afraid I've never heard of this...

Aaron

3. TriniUS

TriniUS TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. altyfc

altyfc TS Rookie

Have you looked at things like VB or phpBB... do these not do what you're looking to achieve?

Aaron

5. TriniUS

TriniUS TS Rookie Topic Starter

It's possible

It's possible but I have no programming experience..and if i'm gonna do it I want to do it right...(i.e Tech support,new designs etc.)

Can a novice do somthing like this ? Learn the programming?(the right way?)

Thanks you are very helpful,
    Trini US