Website needed for list of motherboard specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am a very new technician and I have built several boxes, but now I am in the repair an refurbishing sector. I have many machines that either need repair or that can be used for parts. Some of these boxes were customs and none of them have come with their specifications. Many are older AMD Anthon XP, Duron and Gateway P2 boards, some Dell Dimensions(newer) and some $&!?.

My question is does anyone know of a site that would give me particulars on many boards I haven't a clue about? I would appreciate it greatly, I also have some really great extra parts if anyone is looking.

Thanks again,
Berlie474

There are some sites out there that strive to be the One True Resource, but in my experience there are always gaps (and the obscure mobo I happen to have always goes there). Usually is better to just 1) check the maker's website, 2) Google.

Always trust manuals over some webpage - usually the specs are submitted by random people who may not know what they are doing. Then again, some CPUs may not have been available when the manuals were printed and you may actually be able use a newer CPU than the specs say..

You have to learn to search a mobo inch by inch to loate any serial/ID numbers that would help to recognise the beast. Pull off stickers to reveal the true ID beneath, etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back