Weekend game deals: Crysis 3 $5, GTA III-IV $12, Metro: Last Light $20, CoD: Ghosts free weekend

By Matthew
Feb 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Along with free weekend access and half off Call of Duty: Ghosts, Steam has cut 35-75% off Ubisoft titles, with the biggest discounts currently on Might and Magic games. Meanwhile, Crysis 3 is $5 at GameStop, Metro: Last Light is...

Read more
  2. Dayum dude have u seen the asking price for rambo, its almost as funny as the game
  3. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 363   +55

A review of 51 for FFXIV? FFXIV is not a perfect game but it is definitely better than a 51 score. I would give it about 75.

Edit: Oh, that score is for FFXIV, not A Realm Reborn. Well, from what I've heard about that game maybe 51 is deserved.
  4. I'm afraid of Metro last light. My video card is only a 660 ti
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,140   +739

Wow that is a good deal for Crysis 3.
    H3llion likes this.
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,233   +315

Those Metro games are definitely built around AMD technology. They'll bring any nVidia card to its knees in nothing flat.
  7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 785   +86

I rue the day when I no longer miss out on these deals :(

really feel like driving a banshee
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  8. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 878   +80

can I transfer it over to Origin via the key? If so, holy steal!! :O
  9. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 478   +117

If only that Crysis 3 was available outside of the U.S....
  10. H3llion

I guess VPN would work? No? Thinking of running HMA, snatching the deal and using the product key on origin, but not sure if thats going to work :3
  11. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 617   +111

Looks like you have to use the Gamestop application for the Crysis 3 deal.....uuuggggghhhhhh. But I'm such a cheap bastard I can't pass up $5....
  12. H3llion

argh, don't really wanna run Gamestop, having Origin is already enough. Only reason Id want Crysis 3 is for the multiplayer part since I have "legitimately" played the single player part of the game :D
  13. Ranger12

I went ahead and got it anyway. Crysis is one of those I play once or twice through the storyline then I'm done so I won't be seeing much of Gamestop.

14. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 438   +70

If they're built around around AMD technology then why does it include NVIDIA PhysX and advertise for NVIDIA each time you open the game? Also, during the Metro Last Light launch, many AMD users had to wait for a patch to play with a stable framerate.
    spectrenad, m4a4 and Steve like this.
  15. spectrenad

spectrenad Newcomer, in training Posts: 69   +10

If I remember right, the game was even bundled with some GeForce cards.
  16. Ranger12

Actually, the key does work on Origin. I was able to install it. Sorry for the false info everyone :S
  17. I'll wait until it's available on Steam :)
  18. H3llion

gl with that since it most likely wont be for at least some time
  19. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,140   +739

Ugh the gamestop application sucks!
    cmbjive likes this.
  20. H3llion

Just bought it, thanks for letting me know :D Multiplayer is meh, Crysis 2 was better :3
  21. H3llion

you can apply its key to Origin (which is better out of the two imho)
  22. Crysis 3 is $10 on Origin :)
  23. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 438   +70

Gave COD Ghosts a shot over the free weekend and I'd say it was graphically worse than COD Black Ops II, even with max settings at 1080p. The game play didn't feel right either, but I am happy I snagged Crysis 3 for $5.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.