Weekend game deals: Far Cry 3 $7.50, TWD+DLC $7.49, Rocksmith 2014 $30, Dead Space still free

By Matthew
Apr 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In the event that you haven't downloaded it yet, Dead Space is available for free through Origin. There's no word on how long it will be available so don't wait if you're interested. Elsewhere, Steam has Sanctum 2 for a...

Read more
  2. penn919

penn919 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 152   +12

Question

Played the original Far Cry game and personally think it goes down as one of the best shooters in history (or at least the history of shooters I've played). However, I haven't bothered to play Far Cry 2. Should I buy Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 or should I just get Far Cry 3 and keep it at that. It looks like the scores for Far Cry 2 are pretty mediocre, but it's only $2.50 in the Amazon sale so I just wanted some additional input.

Thanks
  3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,816   +651

FC2 has a lot of repetitive missions/gameplay. It's one of those games that starts out with a lot of promise (reasonable graphics for its time) but gradually grinds you down with the kill-this-to-get-this nature of the side missions and endless travelling between locales. Stick to the main storyline and it isn't too bad - probably worth $2.50.
    penn919 likes this.
  4. penn919

penn919 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 152   +12

Thanks! I'll get it then.
  5. Stay the heck away from (dead space), horrendous control, load time etc. It's like they'd got a bunch of *****s working on the porting.
  6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,816   +651

I found the game to be pretty good. The controls and third person perspective take a little adjustment, but for an on-rails horror survival game it does OK - pretty atmospheric for what it is, although the difficulty level isn't overly extreme - not in comparison to say the Misery or Narodnaya Solyanka mods for STALKER for instance. Talking of which, the Lost Alpha mod isn't far away.

Dead Space is certainly worth well more than what they're asking ($0)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.