TechSpot

Weekend game deals: Shadowrun Returns $5, GTA Bundle $10, CoD: Ghosts free multiplayer weekend

By Matthew
May 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As part of its Activision sale, Steam has cut up to 75% off the publisher's releases as well as offering free multiplayer access to Call of Duty: Ghosts until Sunday afternoon. Valve's store also offers 75% off a pack of...

Read more

2. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 518   +86

Guess I'll give Ghosts another try, even though I was very unimpressed last free weekend.

3. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,095   +43

Umm... lol it's no different this weekend.

4. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 518   +86

I'm not really expecting much from Ghosts but it has the chance to be a mix up from CS:GO, BF3, and Black Ops II.

EDIT: Despite having a machine more than capable of playing this game on max I get the constant "stuttering" or choppiness issue that so many people have complained of. The problem appears to stem from a memory leak that causes the game to max out my VRAM. To get this game to run smoothly I had to disable the Steam Community and turn off Fraps, as well as changing the priority in the task manager to normal and also disabling PhysX, AA and shadows. Only then could I finally play this game without lag. Definitely the worst CoD I've ever played. The technical issues I had to wade through pretty much ruin the game. If they think they're going to make money off of me with a broken product they're dead wrong.

Last edited: May 5, 2014

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.