Weekend Open Forum: What interesting gadgets are you thinking about getting for...

By Justin Kahn
Dec 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. With the holiday season just around the corner now, I find myself thinking about what gifts I'm going to be getting for friends and family already. It seems like Black Friday doesn't even get a chance to end before the...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Got myself a R.A.T 9 Mouse and a tecknet usb hub! think thats all for now xD
  3. stupidusernames

stupidusernames TS Rookie

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,029   +616

I got a Bose Soundtouch 20 from my wife so we can take the speaker on short trips and whatnot. It doesn't work on battery and I'm still somewhat unsure if the connectivity it offers is ideal (Wi-Fi, Airplay and cable) vs. your standard dock speaker but audio quality sure is nice for a smallish speaker unit.
  5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

No real gadgets I can think of, but I did just buy myself a pretty cool looking spaceship Christmas tree ornament. :D
  6. NeurotechHD

NeurotechHD TS Rookie Posts: 61   +19

Oh noooo! Did you already buy it? You should have gone with the Corsair Vengeance M60 or M65! It's hands-down the best mouse I've ever used or will probably ever use. I would campaign like Obama for this mouse.
  7. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

I'm thinking about a Google Chromecast.
  8. drjekelmrhyde

drjekelmrhyde TS Booster Posts: 188   +43

I just want Amazon or Newegg offer the Roku streaming stick for under $45
  9. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Well tbh I want a wireless mouse and the R.A.T 9 seemed the best bang for buck and yes I did but it was meant to come on friday(yesterday) as I got next day delivery on the day I ordered it but it still hasn't come... so I am hoping it will come today but once amazon opens their phone line I will be calling instantly lol

Hate it when orders dont come when they say they will specially when you pay for next day delivery lol
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +1,945

Mice are very personal and all about taste. I have a M65 which I threw into the drawer in favour of a Roccat Kone. That said I also have a R.A.T. 7 which I use with my laptop and like much more than the M65 but as I said, it's all about personal preference.
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +1,945

Nothing. I've got pretty much all I want or can afford.
  12. jeffz6

jeffz6 TS Rookie Posts: 79

I purchased a Dell U3014 30in monitor. My wife was pissed. So was I when Ive seen what Dell have around the corner.
    madboyv1 and wastedkill like this.
  13. drfan

drfan TS Rookie

An AMD A-8 or A-10 laptop. Time to play some games in my Humble Bundle collection.
  14. Got a Logitech f710 wireless gamepad for $35 to replace my old Rumblepad
    Also a few small eBay indulgences such as a usb3 front panel adapter, wow
    But... thinking of replacing my aging HP 5102 netbook (updated with SSD) with an Asus T100 now that they have come down to $500 in Oz
    Didn't end up buying ANYTHING in the Steam sale as I either had it or didn't like the specials

Merry Fartmas to all!
  15. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,379

Got the new Macbook Pro 15", top-spec.
  16. mGuy

mGuy TS Rookie

I'm getting the LCDSysInfo for GOverlay, thanks to a TechSpot review letting me know it existed.